Aenean nonummy hendrerit mau phasellu porta. Fusce suscipit varius mi sed. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Nulla dui. Fusce feugiat malesuada odio morbi.
Ut viverra mauris justo, quis auctor nisi. Suspendisse sit amet diam diam, eget volutpat lacus. Vestibulum faucibus scelerisque nisl vitae scelerisque. Sed tristique metus eu quam viverra malesuada. Cras porta eros nec libero bibendum sed faucibus felis fringilla. Quisque sed odio neque. Mauris at nisl ac eros pretium hendrerit vitae et velit. Aliquam erat volutpat. Proin sit amet erat vel nisl consectetur auctor et at quam.
Kiz Kulesi (Leander’s Tower – Maiden Tower)
Maiden’s Tower was first built by the ancient Athenian general Alcibiades in 408 BC to control the movements of the Persian ships in the Bosphorus.Back then the tower was located between the ancient cities of Byzantion and Chrysopolis. The tower was later enlarged and rebuilt as a fortress by the Byzantine emperor Alexius Comnenus in 1110 AD, and was restored and slightly modified several times by the Ottoman Turks, most significantly in 1509 and 1763.The most recent facelift was made in 1998.Steel supports were added around the ancient tower as a precaution after the 17 August 1999 earthquake. Used as a lighthouse for centuries, the interior of the tower has been transformed into a popular café and restaurant, with an excellent view of the former Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman capital.Private boats make trips to the tower several times a day.